Monday, January 21, 2008

Mos Def Big Band

is my new favorite thing. Chelsea and I just went to see Mos Def Big Band at Hill. It was incredible. The bassist and drummer were phenomenal, and I never use that word. When we got there I really didn't know what to expect because I just said I would go with Chelsea since she loves Mos Def. I thought it would be fun, and if not, an experience. When the first beat started, I knew it was going to be good. In the beginning, I was just appreciating the music for what it was, everyone in the band was amazing, and the energy Mos Def had was amazing. Then I started to notice my head bobbing along with the beat, and then my toe tapping, then I just started to feel it through my body. I couldn't help but move along with the music. Not all music does this, but I love it when it does. I had such a great time. I suggest everyone find the music that makes you move, and makes you smile, it's amazing when you do.

LOVED IT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.