Saturday, January 19, 2008

By request...

So, my dreams are pretty strange most of the time, and only rarely do I remember them. I can recall random bits and pieces which allude to the fact that my dreams can be effed up. There are the select few that I consciously tell myself I must remember. This is one of those dreams.

A little background on my life when I had this dream. It was fall of 2006 and I was mentally preparing myself to go abroad. And I was stressed about school. Two important factors.

For whatever reason, probably because I was about to travel to Europe, I needed to learn French. But of course, I would have to go back to my high school to do this (obvious I know...what?). In high school I took Spanish, so of course I never saw the classrooms where French was taught. When I got to the school, I went to the classroom where I was taught Spanish 2 and 3. This was the wrong room. I figured out that this was more advanced French and I needed beginners. I left and walked down the hall to the room where I had Spanish 1. This was the correct room and I knew it (don't ask me how, I just did). However, when I got there, a girl that I graduated with was in there serving horderves and coffee to all these elderly people. So, I joined in. Once they were all done, the room was magically cleaned and Kaitlyn was no longer there.

In walked one of my friends from high school Joe, accompanied by a few of his friends from MSU. They were there to learn French as well. We were all standing at the front of the classroom waiting for the teacher, when the back of the room transformed into the facade of a palace, separated from us by rocks and water. Logically, we all decided it would be a good idea to jump off the rocks into the water for fun while waiting around. Don't ask me to explain how this all fit into the classroom, but there must have been some form of trickery...because, well, it's a dream where gravity and space physics don't apply. We were jumping off into the water, and I don't think I did it more than once because of my fear of water (or at least large bodies of it). This is the point where I realized that this was a dangerous thing for us to be doing because the waves were smashing on the rocks. I tried to warn everyone but nobody would listen to me. This kid jumped off and got smashed.

I almost freaked out, but THEN, I went back in time about 5 or 10 minutes. This meant that I could save this kid's life. I told him he couldn't jump off, I tried to warn Joe that he would die if he jumped, but the kid did it anyways, but not without someone trying to stop him. This led to him getting injured but not dying. I then proceeded to use the phone to call 911. I told the police on the receiving line that someone was hurt and we needed an ambulance. They told me that they couldn't pick us up at the school, and that we would have to walk to the hardware store (which is not close by any means). I hung up the phone stunned, and decided we should just take him in my car. He was kind of coming around at this point and was able to walk, with help, so we went out to the parking lot. However, I could not find my car, and Joe's little brother Nick just happened to be there so he said he would help us.

Right then, a shuttle bus drove up that said Saline Hospital on it, so Joe and his friend just said that they would take the shuttle to the hospital, and they left. I still needed to find my car though, so I was walking through the aisles. Another one of Joes friends came up to me to try and tell me something, when a HUGE machete came through his chest as if someone had stabbed him from behind. This is where it got weird. The picture stopped moving, and it was just paused on this image of this kid getting stabbed. Then the credits started to roll. This is where I woke up. Apparently I watched a movie in my dream, and woke up when it was over.

See how strange my brain is?

No comments: