Friday, October 12, 2007

Some like to call her Reg Spek

So on Tuesday, right after my nap and right before I had to go to work, I checked my emails and happened to have one from my brother. In said email, there was the offer of free tickets to see Regina Spektor on Wednesday at the Fillmore in Detroit. So I was like, alright yeah totally. So on Wednesday Juliana and I went to see Regina and it was so great. We only kind of got lost trying to get there...oops. The show was amazing, without all the special effects that most singers usually use. The whole show was just her, a piano and sometimes a guitar and her wonderful voice. Basically it was simply awesome. During the encore she finally played Fidelity, which is about the only song that I really know of hers. Juliana and I wanted to get out before the huge crowd so we were leaving as this other song came on. So, this song, I have been trying to figure out who sung this song since I was in England, being placed on hold by Vodafone, where a song was repeating over and over. I liked the song but didn't know who it was by and tried to find out, and I finally have...I can't explain how much I was freaking out. It's a good song.




On another note, I am currently watching the Matrix, and finding correllations to Buddhism all over the place. I mean, pretty much the whole movie is about the Buddha and his lives. Just a discovery that's blowing my mind. Apparently this week is full of those.

No comments: