Monday, October 08, 2007

International Show

This past month all of the students who studied abroad were invited to submit pieces to the International Show that they worked on in their respective foreign countries. I submitted three pieces, an installation, a set of paintings and a grouping of photos.


'The Ultimate Rotation'
This is a piece that I attempted to install at the Burren College, but did not have access to a bed nor a way to hang the projector from the ceiling, hence the reason that I wanted it in the show. I don't know how successful it is in the end but I am glad I was able to finally wrap up the loose ends.


'The Rolling Hills of Ireland?'
These are exercises in the abstraction of the idea of a landscape. I took colors and forms from the area around the Burren to create these. (A non-landscape form of these paintings are what my IP is all about)


'Close Encounters of the International Kind'
The print quality on these is poor but I just wanted to put something in that showed the people that I met in Ireland. I plan to print all of these out with good quality paper, so they'll look prettier, and yes that's the technical term.

I plan on posting more pictures of my artwork as the paintings I'm working on currently start to take shape.

No comments: