Thursday, October 18, 2007

Confused much?

Yesterday I had my midterm critique for IP. It didn't go too well. I'm frustrated because my professors are not giving me the feedback I need to proceed. They keep talking about my presentation at the final show, when in fact, that's months away, and I need them to ask questions about my project. About my concept. About the form. I need them to ask me questions so I can find the right answers. Well anyways, I was frustrated to the point of not being able to do anything yesterday.

Today I sat down with my painting professor and told him why I haven't been giving my all in class. It's mostly because when I'm in the art school, I feel guilty not being in my studio working on IP. I think I'm brainwashed. He said he understands and really helped me find a way to apply my IP into the painting class. I'm finally motivated to work on these paintings for his class. Also, I asked him to look at my IP work and he helped me loads with that as well. I mean, I feel so much better now that I have talked myself through things, and I think I am just going to have to get outside help from people sometimes...or most of the time. This is not a bad thing.

Also one of the reasons I was feeling bad about my paintings is that I am planning on making 15, when in fact I have yet to finish my first one. This is partially because of the paint that I was using. To counter this, I went out and spent nearly $200 on new paint...I need to find a grant. If anyone knows of any organization that is willing to fund something like this, I need it.

Or, if you want to help me fund it, that would be great as well. HAH!

No comments: