Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Ferry...

So after I got on the ferry from Greece to Venice, Italy, I had to wait patiently for 37 hours to arrive at the destination. It was pretty boring to be perfectly honest. I had my phone on for a while and at one point it sent me a text message saying "Welcome to Albania" so at that point I decided to turn it off, since I had no use for it anyways. I didn't have a room on the boat so I had to sleep in the common room area which was difficult because of the people that decided to stay up late and talk loudly, but the chairs were comfortable at least. I didn't speak to anyone for the majority of the time there because nobody really spoke English. There was one point when a Polish man decided that I should dance with him because his family was having a wonderful party where I was supposed to be sleeping but I said no...ha. This is when the Polish started singing and dancing, and the Greeks didn't want to be out-done, so they blasted Greek music through the speakers and started dancing. Each group trying to be louder than the other made it difficult to sleep, but it was still interesting. Two nights on the boat was enough for me.


The only good thing about the ferry was this picture.

*I will miss nothing about the ferry. I got off and for 4 days felt like I was sloshing back and forth on a boat, couldn't walk a straight line even if I had wanted to.

No comments: