Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hamburg(ers)

This past weekend we went to Hamburg, Germany. We were there from Saturday to Tuesday, so it was a short trip but definitely still fun. We basically walked around during the day, ate at really cheap places, took daily naps, drank until the sun came up (because I was with Irish people and the bars in Germany just don't close), and gawked at all of the prostitutes (there were so many haha). Hamburg is a really pretty city, filled with a lot of interesting things. For example, there was this hot air balloon that you can 'ride' in and see the city. It's attached to the ground by a long wire and costs €15 to ride it, so possibly not worth it seeing as it was pretty foggy and windy most days we were there. Oh and it was balls cold too (probably not as cold as it is back in Michigan but still).

I didn't take that many photos with my camera because it's such a dinosaur to carry around, but I did take a few.

The boys in the train station. We were bored because we got there about a half hour before the train.


On this street is one of the clubs the Beatles played at.


In one of the clubs, there were black lights everywhere. Killian looks like an angel, do you see it?


Mary, O'Grady, Happy, Elle, Rob and Killian at one of the pubs.


The town hall.


It's actually really great to be home. I forget how stressful it is while traveling, and it's always nice to have a place to come home to. Still haven't found a job though, but the prospects are looking better. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Michael said...

You could move to Hamburg and be a prostitute if things don't work out for you in Dublin.

I wish I was over there!

Michael said...

You could move to Hamburg and be a prostitute if things don't work out for you in Dublin.

I wish I was over there!