Saturday, January 17, 2009

Crayons Are For Coloring, Not For Eating

These past few days have been a bit random (not unlike the title of this blog post). A lot of things have been happening, and at the same time not much has happened. I've been applying for jobs up the wazoo, but haven't really heard back from anyone yet. Next week I plan on taking the DART into town and stopping at random places, getting off and finding the closest pubs to apply for jobs. I have confidence that I can get a job in the next week or two (and let's not lie, it's a necessity).

Over the past few nights, we've had people over every night. We stay up really late, and obviously since I'm in Ireland, we're drinking for the majority of that time. It's fun though. There's no pressure to drink if you don't want to either though which is definitely nice. We're all here to have a good time.

Last night Mary and I decided to book flights to Hamburg, Germany (a bunch of the crew were heading over already) and will be gone for next weekend. YAY! It's funny though, I really had not planned on going to mainland Europe this time. I wanted to travel all over the ROI and the UK. And now we're going to Germany with future plans to meet up with Roisin (pronounced Rosheen) who's studying in Sweden. The funniest part? My heritage lies in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales, Germany and (you guessed it) Sweden. So in the next few months, I may go to each and every place where I have a genetic tie to... weird. And I didn't even plan it that way. The fates brought me here, and the fates apparently want me to learn about my history. Hah.

I also got some really good news yesterday. My cousin Jamie, whom I haven't seen in about 3 years, booked her flight to come visit me here. I'm really excited and hope that she is too (I mean who wouldn't be though. A trip to Ireland and a visit with me). I also spoke with my mom and I think they're going to be able to make it out as well (everyone cross their fingers for that one).

I'm ready for bed but there's still quite the raucous downstairs. I'm gonna either sleep or go back down to chat. For now, here's some photos for you.

Me and Elle... Uh, testing the strength of the mattress.


Then the mattress moved onto the stairs and turned into a sled.


Me, Elle and Roisin


The dysfunctional family photo: Danny, Meg, O'Grady, Mary, and Happy.

No comments: