Monday, March 10, 2008

Mall Walkers

So there's this movie called Mall Walkers that I'm workin' on for a film class this semester. We started film in the Summit Place Mall up in Waterford this weekend. We have to shoot during off hours so our schedule involves many all nighters locked in the mall. It's fun but extremely tiring. I'm acting as the production designer so I'm in charge of hair, make-up, costumes, and sets. It's a lot of work, but fun at the same time, especially once we hit and pass that point of insanity in the night. This weekend we shot the coffee shop scenes in the mall, here's some pictures I took during my down time, which is plenty, but only once we start filming.
The Coffee Shop

Rehearsing for the shot.

This is crossing the point of insanity.

We're kind of a big deal.

The actors, they get antsy too.

Sometimes you have to get on the floor for the betterment of your art.

We have fun with the simple things (read the sign)

This is our director...being a banana phone?

She could be a JC Penny ad.

Director + Dolly = Amazing

3 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Catalonia Spain
thank you

Joey Ostrander said...

i was going to say something about the uncanny combination of apprehension and eagerness i feel about working next weekend on Mallwalkers broughtt upon by you pictures - it's a damn shame the Catholic Church moved St Patrick's Day to Saturday because we're throwing a party at my house that I have to miss now - but instead i will just say "i love Spain, and i've never even been there"

just that

Unknown said...

Hey Emily, I am an employ of Graphics Depot (the sign shop right by your shooting location)and I’m very interested in film and when I left today I saw your crew setting up on my way out. The circumstances didn't allow me to stay today (the 14th) but I was interested if you would ever need any help? Me and a few film maker friends of myn would be happy to lend a hand. Please send your reply to Breadmantakesall@yahoo.com
Us indie film makers need to stay together