Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

I still don't understand why people make such a big deal about Valentine's Day. Don't cry if you don't have a date. Hang out, relax, have fun. Watch a movie with a friend, go out to get some coffee and just chit chat. Eat a heart shaped cookie. I repeat, HAVE FUN! Don't you remember when you were little and V-Day was all about getting silly little cards in your heart shaped bag taped to the edge of your desk. And the best ones were the ones with candy? Don't you remember that? That's how Valentine's Day should always be. Just because you don't have a date does not mean you need to mope around.

Everyone, life will go on. The world did not end. I spent the day with friends and doing things I enjoy. I had a good Valentine's Day, WITHOUT A DATE!

Maybe that's just me.

Whatever.

(St. Patrick's Day is the same way, just replace dates with alcohol, and replace the red with green)

No comments: