Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Universe

Apparently somewhere in the universe every second there is a supernova. That's roughly 30 million supernovas per year. This has been happening for the past 10 billion years. To put it in perspective to something closer to home, there are about 2 supernovas in the Milky Way Galaxy every century.

Holy effing shit. The universe is huge. I can't even think about it. There has to be life somewhere other than just here. We can't be the only ones. There's no way. I don't believe it for one minute. They're probably thinking the same thing, wondering if we exist. Do we exist if there's no one else out there to wonder if we exist? And if we stop wondering if there are others out there, do they, in turn, stop existing? Existence is like that tree falling in a forest not making a sound puzzler.

I know I exist, but I don't know if you exist.

No comments: