Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Pictures from the first few days

These are a couple of pictures I have taken so far here in Ireland.





Those pictures above are from one of the first nights when we all decided to put matresses on the stairs and make a huge slide. We took all of the cushions from the living room furniture and made a landing pad. Oh what a bunch of art students will do for fun.



This is what I woke up to this morning. I took this picture just outside of our front door. It takes a long time for the sun to make it over the huge hill, so sunrise seems to be a lot later than it actually is. The place that we're in is actually a valley so everywhere you look other than the bay is just walls of limestone rock.



Everyday when we go up to the school we have to check in at the reception desk in the main house. When I stepped back out of the building I saw all these sheep running around. It's great, they come almost all the way up to the school. Cows too.



This is just the view of the Burren and some of the houses around Ballyvaughan.



This is actually a tower house, not a castle, even though it's still called a castle. It's named Newtown Castle and as we found out is impossible to storm, e.g. very well made. That's why it's still surviving today and wasn't demolished.



I ventured to the top of the tower today and took a picture of our school. This is seriously the smallest campus I have every seen. Walking across campus means walking across the courtyard, about a 20 second walk if you're lazy. Well that's it for now, the busride home is about to leave and I don't want to have to walk back. I will write about the Burren bus tour the next time I update.

No comments: