Saturday, February 07, 2009

Buck Whaleys

I finally have a job. I work at Buck Whaleys with Meg. She originally got the job first, but since they were just opening up they weren't fully staffed, so, I got hired as well. It's an interesting place. There's a night club downstairs with two bars, and a piano bar upstairs. Meg and I are floor staff downstairs which means we just basically make sure everything is clean throughout the night. It's a fairly easy job, and well, it's a job. I'm still looking for something else where I can make more money during the day, then work at the bar at night. It feels good to finally have a job, but strange as well. I think it's mostly because it's a very new experience. Both Meg and I are not used to the night club scene in Ireland and dealing with drunk Irish people all the time. But hey, it's worth it, if only for the stories I'll bring back home (oh, and the money).

Other than that nothing much has been happening. We've been getting home around 4:30 or 5 in the morning and sleeping most of the day. Right now we're watching the Ireland-France rugby match for the Six Nations and Ireland's winning. It's going to be interesting going to work tonight with all the French and Irish people clashing/drinking/celebrating/moping. Wish me luck.

No comments: