Monday, December 01, 2008

Ireland (Part 2)

The countdown begins now. It's less than a month until I leave for Ireland again, and I'm extremely excited. I know it's going to be very different from last time, in more ways than one.

1. I will be working as opposed to going to a small art school.
2. I will be living in Dublin as opposed to a small small village on the west coast of the country.
3. I will have more time to travel.
4. I already know quite a few people that live there so the whole transition will take less time.
5. It's been two years, I've changed, they've changed...I have to keep reminding myself of that.


Also, I feel like I've become a lot closer to many people living in Ann Arbor than I was before so I think it's going to be harder to leave, but easier to come back. And yes, I am coming back. Everyone keeps asking if I'm actually coming back. The answer is yes and there's no real need to worry about it. I love Ann Arbor/Michigan/the USA, it's just that every once in a while I like to get out. The last time I went to Ireland it changed my life. How could I not want to go back to a place like that?

Ok, so here's a visual comparison of what my life in Ireland was like before and what it may be like soon.

This is where I lived before:

This is where I may be living in a month:

This is where I went to school before:

And this may be where I'll be working soon:


There's quite a few things I have to do/find before I go though, like I need to find my old cell phone that I had when I was there before. So much to do, and a surprisingly short amount of time to do it in. But at least I don't have any thing else to do really.

List of things I'm going to miss:
*Snow (good thing there's been quite a lot of it this year so far)
*Family
*Friends
*Movies
*Ann Arbor
*Samdog
*And surprisingly enough, I'm going to miss Telefund...I never in my wildest dreams thought that that would happen.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey Woah!!! You're actually going back?!?!? AHHHH jealous!!! How long do you get to stay there? Tell me tell me tell me!!!