Thursday, August 28, 2008

Arty Farty

I have a proposal. Right now, all of my thesis paintings are just sitting on the floor at my parents' house, which is not at all where I want them to be. I would like to hang them up in the house, but our walls are old and falling apart already without a heavy painting on them...conundrum. So here's the plan, I am offering them up to friends and family to hang in their houses under one condition, that if ever I need the painting for a show (unlikely as that is) I will take it back for the duration of the show, then return it. I really just want them to find a good home, and not have to go to the happy farm (aka the barn). Let me know if you want in on it.










The Michigan Theater painting is already claimed, but I thought it would look odd without it.

3 comments:

.:DataWhat?:. said...

Penny and I will take "#6 David's Books" and give it a good home.

Emily said...

What does this mean?

Michelle said...

Well... me requesting that you send one of your enormously heavy paintings all the way out here to maine sounds a bit unfair. But, I really admire what you're doing! I feel the same way about my pencils, although they're not heavy, they're just delicate, and don't really fit in the "art on the wall" category. I do have my long panel of pencils in bedroom though, and my framed piece is hanging in the rents house. Anywho...I agree with missing the constant of school and friends etc. Michael and I talked about doing a mail-collaboration thing to keep us working, but we never got around to it...It's just so hard these days! Miss you Shmemily!